Extreme Weather Information
Open Friday 1st February
Goffs Academy will be open today Friday 1st February; however students and staff must arrive by 9.30am rather than 8.27am. Please do take care travelling to school, and consider travelling to school in alternative footwear if appropriate. Upon arrival, school shoes should be put on and other shoes/boots can be stored in a carrier bag in the school lockers.
In the event of possible school closure due to snow:
In the event of a possible school closure due to an emergency or snow, please go direct to the County website home page www.hertsdirect.org, which is best placed to cope with the surge of hits during peak times. We recommend you save this link as a Favourite in your browser in case you cannot access this website.
- Also refer to our school home page for more details of school opening times and further details and messages which will be posted throughout the day http://goffs.herts.sch.uk
- See updates on this website from 7.00 each day (be aware access maybe slow due to the volume of traffic)
- Listen to BBC Three Counties Radio (103.8 FM / 95.5 FM or 630 MW / 1161 MW) & Heart 101.7 FM
- Check your e-mail for In Touch message's from the school
- Check your mobile phone for In Touch text messages
- Please add the following number to your mobile phone contacts : +447860 002215 - This should be called 'Goffs Messenger Service'. In emergencies we will send messages to your mobile phone with this number
As you will appreciate, the safety of staff and pupils is paramount and often the decision to close the school is taken based on the number of staff who can safely travel to school affecting staff to pupil ratio.
If severe weather hits during the day when children are already in school, you will be contacted as soon as possible. To this end, please ensure your mobile phone is switched on.
Children can remain in school until you, or a named person, agreed by you, is able to collect them. Alternatively, that you have informed us that they can make their own way either to home or to another designated address. Local radio stations will be informed and a message will be put on the school website. The office phone will be reserved for incoming calls only.