The Leadership Academy was very busy during 2018-2019.
Students worked on a range of exciting projects including: The Christmas Short Movie Morning, The OAP Christmas Party, Q& A session with Charles Walker – MP, Summer Fete, Techer Appreciation Day and many others.
The school charity this year was The Hertfordshire Air Ambulance. In collaboration with the House Team, and with support from other student groups, Goffs Academy raised over £8500 for this fantastic charity. Another £2000+ was raised for Children in Need and Comic Relief.
The 4 groups in the Leadership Academy consist of: School Parliament, House & Charity Team, Digital Leaders and Sixth Form Top Team. Each group meets weekly on Friday mornings and we also hold Student Conferences - where all leadership groups work together - on a termly basis.
Students in the Leadership Academy have discussed and agreed on the Student Strategic Development Plan (Student SDP) for 2019-20. This document is written by students, for students. These priorities were determined following a consultation consulting with the wider student body throughout the year:
- All students completed the Student Survey
- Student Parliament analysed the results of the survey, in order to identify strengths and areas for further development
- A full Student Conference took place in July
- This included, Student Parliament, The House Team and the Top Team
- This SSDP document will be the ‘action plan’ which drives the work of the Student Parliament and various Student Leadership groups during 2019-20.
Any students who are not currently involved with one of these groups have the opportunity to apply early in the autumn term. Please speak to Miss Thurogood to find out more!