For last academic year, Student Parliament met to discuss their SSDP at the beginning of October. This document was be the ‘action plan’ which drives the work of the Student Parliament for 2021-2022. They will meet every Thursday ATM session to discuss their projects and put them into action. Some of the upcoming projects include:
- Raising awareness of environmental – the students will be running a presentation to fellow students regarding items on the agenda this November at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) in Glasgow. They will also take part in live lessons from the conference to learn about what is being discussed and what can be done to help.
- Taking part in the annual Robbie Lea Water Safety event and feeding back vital lifesaving information to students in assemblies. We also will be running assemblies with external speakers to further increase student’s awareness of open water safety.
- Students will be working closely with the House Team to run events for our schools chosen charity and also to run our annual OAP Christmas Party which we know our wider community is already looking forward to.
- We will continue to work with Chartwells and will be seeking feedback from the school community on the catering provision and ideas for going forward.
- Running competitions and visits to local Primary Schools to continue with our Primary Reading Project to help improve Literacy skills within our school and local community.
Students will also continue to work on their Leadership Accreditation portfolios – an externally accredited course that gives students recognition for extracurricular skills gained, such as Presentation, Communication and organisation (plus other skills).
There are many other projects that the Student Parliament will be involved with. If students are interested they can speak to Miss Myers or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org