Join the Sixth Form and Enrolment
Enrolment Procedure 2019
RESULTS DAY – THURSDAY 22ND AUGUST
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE
Exam results will be available for collection from 9am to 3pm on Thursday 22nd August.
External students will need to bring their original GCSE results to enrol.
You must contact staff as soon as possible on Results Day, or by 10 am on Friday 23rd August if:
- You want to change from the subjects you submitted on your final options form. (Please note that if you were allowed to try out a subject informally during Induction, you still have to request a place on the course during Enrolment).
- You have not achieved the grade or grades required for a specific subject.
- You have a coloured slip on the front of your results slip.
- You are no longer intending to return to the Sixth Form.
- You are an external student, as you will need to bring in proof of your results (i.e. your original results slips) on either 22nd August or no later than 1pm on 23rd August.
- Please note that course changes will be dependent on the number of spaces available.
- Students who are away on Results’ Day may email queries to Mr Cahill on firstname.lastname@example.org, but must also attend school on Monday 2nd September, as indicated below.
You may need to make an appointment to discuss your options with a member of staff either later in the day on 22nd August or on the morning of 23rd August.
Monday 2nd September
Please keep this day free until your options have been confirmed. You will only need to come into school if it has not been possible to finalise your subjects on 22nd or 23rd August.
All students whose subject choices have still not been finalised, must either contact the Sixth Form office by 9am on the morning of Monday 2nd September to make an appointment, or come into the Common Room at 8-27am and wait to be seen.
FIRST DAY OF TERM – Tuesday 3rd September
All students should arrive in the Common Room by 8.27am. Timetables will be distributed during the day.
Students should arrive at school with the necessary equipment i.e. folders, paper, pens etc.
Students must be in dressed in accordance with the Sixth Form Dress Code.
The key to success in the Sixth Form is studying the right courses at the right level. At Goffs Sixth Form we offer courses at different levels and in a wide range of subjects. Through the analysis of our own data and UK national statistics, we have established a set of criteria suitable for students to succeed by following different pathways.
There is a very large choice of subjects at Goffs to help meet the different needs and interests of students. Our aim is to find a package of courses in the Sixth Form which is personalised to each student, so that it suits career aspirations, interests, potential higher education requirements and aptitude/abilities. In your Prospectus pack you will find your Preliminary Option Form which shows your current most likely ‘Pathway’. This has been informed by:
- your current GCSE/BTEC/OCR performance
- your predicted GCSE/BTEC/OCR performance
- information on your preferred learning styles at KS4
You will also need to carefully check specific subject entry criteria. Please note, however, that predicted grade data at this point will not preclude anybody from taking a course at a certain level if they achieve the entry criteria after achieving their GCSE results – final decisions are based on actual GCSE results, provided that courses are not oversubscribed. Should a student narrowly miss the entry criteria for a subject, we will review their individual performance and requirements on a case by case basis at the enrolment stage in August.
In addition to the academic entry criteria, a good record of behaviour, application and attendance is also expected. Please be aware that a student will not be admitted into the Sixth Form if they are involved in any behaviour that brings the school into disrepute.
If you need any further information about our Admissions process please contact Lisa Harwick Sixth Form Administrator LHa@goffs.herts.sch.uk
We welcome all parents and students who are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available in the Sixth Form at Goffs, including students who are considering joining Goffs Sixth Form from other schools.